I'm Florian Jacob. I study informatics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany. Currently, I'm in the fourth semester, and in the future, I'll study physics as my complementary subject.
I'm a free software enthusiast and I deal with self-hosting your personal services, programming in general, hobbyist game programming in particular and some web development. I'm part of the alaCarte founding team.
In my leisure time, I play minecraft and some adventure games. I also enjoy gardening, geocaching and pen&paper role-playing games.
If you want to contact/follow me or see what I've coded, my social profiles etc. are listed on the right.
Other things I'm passionate about:
- fish, the friendly interactive shell
- the neo keyboard layout (friends converted: 4 ;) )
- the fact that pi is wrong
- decentralized communication networks
- sustainable energy, recommending the book Sustainable Energy - without the hot air by Davic JC MacKay
- my N9 (MeeGo is dead, long live MeeGo! :P )
- my good old ThinkPad T61